Follow by email:

11/5/13

Art Tuesday #1

Hello!

If you're not familiar with Art Tuesday, check out the About page on this blog. Right now. Do it!

This week, I'm going to share some more of my own drawings/doodles. I was getting kind of frustrating while trying to sketch a tree, so I went out and found another artist and followed along as well as I could. This was the result:

I got tired and didn't finish the leaves...
I got my help from another blog that I can't seem to find... OH, here it is: http://weeklyartlesson.com/ .
If you poke around, you can find her version of this tree, with all of the leaves and branches filled out.

This next one depicts some characters from Natsume's Book of Friends, a manga by Yuki Midorikawa, one of my favorite manga artists. =)

The creeper face and little stick man are courtesy of G, my cousin.
 I've always love Midorikawa's art style, especially her expressions. I'll have to keep working to make my characters express as much emotion as she is able to make hers do. =)

Next, I've included a drawing of a poppy that I did for my Mom's birthday card:

My Mom loves poppies!
I used another artist's work to help guide this one, as well; I pulled it from here, and if you look closely, you can see that the original was done in 1912. Yep, over a hundred years ago. It got me thinking about how little some things have changed in 100 years, like flowers, and artists' fascination with drawing them... And then I thought about how much things have changed, like how the woman who painted this flower originally never would have dreamed that I would be using it as guide, thanks to the internet... So yeah. That got deep quickly.

Here's some church notes from Sunday:

Note that Sunflower is sporting a beard.
A doodle mostly pertaining to video games:



And some goats. Don't ask me why, it doesn't matter.

I've wanted a goat since I was eleven. For real.
Now you can go watch goat remixes on YouTube. You're welcome.

Happy Art Tuesday!

Christian




4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I love this! Especially your church notes! You're so artistic!
    Brad has owned many goats! He loves them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =D
      I had no idea Brad had goats... I have seriously always wanted one!

      Delete
  2. Oh my...for some reason this just made my day. Good job, Chin.

    Sincerely,
    Your Room Leader ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joshuang! =D I'm so glad it made your day! I was SO HAPPY to see your face last Friday... =D

      Sincerely,
      Your Room Leader

      Delete